Thursday 1 March 2012

EVALUATION 2:How does your media product represent particular social groups?

EVaLUaTIoN Question 2

I have decided to use more media terms for Question 2 like photo shop, You tube and PowerPoint in order to break down the different ways in which my front cover and contents fit the conventions of a stereotypical hip hop music magazine.

 Most groups are often known by the modern society and we now try to identify themclick here
My work against PAPER magazine.

Posture
A XXL example of posture and gesture. As you can see the rapper THE GAME is very body confident and strikes a pose directing to the eyes.



angle and shot type
An example by VIBE magazine of angle and shot type as well as lighting. the lighting is directed straight at his face to create more authority through the contrast on his face.



The paper magazine:

The PAPER magazine that I have used for comparison shows that I have used both the conventions of a hip hop music magazine through the processes needed to achieve an appropriate picture for my front cover.
The magzine shows a mid shot image of nicki minaj, against a clear white background.
She is seen making a gesture by holding her hair while her hand is in the clenched position. This can donnote wealth and power and her strong adjustment into fame. This is the intention I want to give to my readers when they see my front cover.
the text is clear around her , making her the centre of attention and adding to her sense of importance.

No comments:

Post a Comment